Acceptable Use Policy
You must also read our Terms and Conditions pages to be fully aware of our usage policies.
Powered by Vision Ltd hope you will use the powerful information and entertainment tool that is the Internet with respect, courtesy, and responsibility, giving due regard to the rights of other Internet users.
Our acceptable use policy is actively and strictly enforced. Offending content or users are removed from our network, usually as soon as they are discovered, although we will always inform you when and why any action has been taken.
(UK) Common sense is the best guide as to what is considered acceptable use, however the following are unacceptable uses.
- BANNED FILE TYPES
- MP3 EXE Files
- File content not licenced to be hosted/downloaded legally in the UK and Europe
- Links to media not licenced to be promoted and legal in the UK and Europe
If you are unsure if a file type is allowed on the Powered by Vision Ltd Servers. Please contact our support team before installing. We reserve the right to determine what constitutes acceptable use.
Hosting services provided by Powered by Vision Ltd may be used for lawful purposes only and to promote or encourage lawful activity only. The use of our services to transmit or store any material that is in violation of English or International Law is strictly forbidden. Material that is not allowed on our server’s includes, but is not limited to:
- Bulk e-mail related software/products/information, password lists, email address lists, postal address list or spamming tools.
- Any material which you do not own or have permission from the copyright owner to use.
- Fake ID tools, credit reports, SSN searches, SSN lookups, SSN verifications, term papers, anonymous proxies or proxy lists.
- Pornographic or any other adult content.
- Any material related to hacking, cracking, Warez, pirated software, pirating tools, hacking tools, http/tcp proxies, irc/ircd, bnc, eggdrop, socks4/5, remote bots, shell accounts.
- Any materials encouraging violence, hatred, revenge, racism, victimization, or criminal activity.
Powered by Vision Ltd reserves the right to deactivate and remove any web site from its servers which contains material that at Powered by Vision Ltd sole discretion is deemed to be unacceptable, undesirable or may damage the reputation of Powered by Vision Ltd.
SYSTEM RESOURCE USAGE:
If Powered by Vision Ltd discovers that a customers web site or scripts are using an unacceptable amount of servers resources including but not limited to cpu and memory usage we may suspend or terminate the customers account without notice.
Our normal practice is to only suspend/terminate accounts without notice if the web site in question is likely to jeopardise the smoothing running of the Powered by Vision Ltd servers, normally Powered by Vision Ltd will e-mail the customer asking them to reduce the resources they are using.
Message boards are allowed on Powered by Vision Ltd servers, but customers should be aware that if they become popular they are likely to use an unacceptable amount of system resources.
Unfortunately, the following scripts not allowed on our network with your account, due to their excessive system resource requirements:
- YaBB(SE Version is ok)
- All proxy servers.
- Others not specified and variants of above
If you specifically wished a Bulletin Board or Forum on your site, PHPbb, PHPbb2, XMB, Vbulletin, or any other PHP and mySQL message board are allowed.
If you are unsure about content you intend to place on our network, please check with us before you do. We reserve the right to determine what constitutes acceptable use.
Spamming (the sending of unsolicited e-mail) from the Powered by Vision Ltd servers is strictly forbidden. Powered by Vision Ltd will decide on a case by case basis what constitutes to be spamming. The use of our servers to provide a free e-mail service is strictly forbidden.
Attempting to cause harm to a Powered by Vision Ltd server, or any other server on the Internet using an account on Powered by Vision Ltd will result in immediate removal of that account.
Powered by Vision Ltd will decide on a case by case basis if a refund is to be given on violation of these terms and conditions.